A CALM, SMOOTH AND WELL BALANCED VINTAGE
Clos de l’oratoire des papes white 2021
Free delivery from 300€. Shipping costs of 15€ for any order lower than this amount. Your order will be delivered within 7 working days. Delivery in metropolitan France (excluding Corsica).
Grenache Blanc, Roussane, Clairette, Bourboulenc
Early manual harvesting in order to reinforce the expression of the terroir. Pressing is carried out as whole clusters in a 30 hL closed cage pneumatic press with moderate settling lasting for 12 to 36 hours at cold temperatures (6°C). The juices are vinified in egg-shaped concrete vats to create gravitational movement (known as the ‘vortex phenomenon’) by ensuring that the lees remain suspended so as to increase aromatic potential. 80% of the blend is fermented in vats at between 15 and 18°C and then aged on its full lees and without malolactic fermentation. The remaining 20% of the blend is fermented in 300 L new oak barrels and stirred gently through until December time.
Aged for around 8 months, up until springtime, on its fine lees in egg-shaped concrete vats (80%) and 300 L French oak barrels (20%).
"Intense yellow hue with delicate green glimmers. The nose exudes notes of pear and hawthorn, before evolving towards notes of white flowers and discreet aromas of flint. The palate reveals its pure limestone terroir with a mineral and saline structure. A pleasant hint of bitterness lingers on the end palate to bring a unique dimension to the tasting experience.
Food and wine pairing
The Clos de l'Oratoire des Papes white 2020 pairs beautifully with a monkfish tail with saffron, a scallop tartar, a grilled lobster or a variety of hard cheeses.
The Clos de l’Oratoire des Papes white is best enjoyed at around 12°C in order to fully appreciate its aromatic complexity and natural freshness.
This cuvée can be enjoyed in its youth to appreciate its freshness, fruitiness and salinity or otherwise kept for several years in the cellar during which time it will develop floral, mineral notes and a hint of petrol (up to 10/15 years).